The Pangolin Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pangolin Legion

A forum for members of the Pangolin Legion, formerly the Grand Guild on Fanfiction.net

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dark Forest

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Dark Forest Empty The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

A jet black wolf stood in a crowd of fallen corpses. Some where the Tan Men, one of the factions of the Green Men. The rest where ghouls like the wolf. His sclera turned black as he pulled his hood down and changed to his feeding form. His body becoming skeletal and resembling that of a wedigo. He opened his mouth wider than a normal wolf should be able to as he prepared to devour the corpse of one of the tan men.

https://the-pangolin-legion.rpg-board.net

2The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:33 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Sylvia panted as she sat up and looked around, having been knocked to the ground moments ago amid the overwhelming onslaught of the ghoul horde that had descended upon her and her fathers men. There were so many bodies. Had she been the only survivor? She wondered.

Her breath caught as she spotted one of the ghouls, a black wolf, standing over their groups leader, a Raccoon in a badly shredded and bloody colonels uniform. The mauled male came to with ragged and pained breath and looked up into Lyles eyes with acceptance, for his hands were broken and chewed and knew he didn't have strength left.

"Daddy!" The female raccoon screamed as she scrambled to her feet and ran towards her father.
She soon stood between him and the ghoul, her sword drawn. "Back, get back! Don't you DARE touch him!" She snarled. For some reason, she tried to threaten the wolf because he seemed to her to be sentient.

3The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

The wolf's mouth was still open it stayed affixed to his skull only by the joints and two cords of tendon, his demonic sunken eyes fixed on Sylvia for a moment before he closed his mouth and stepped back. His whole body returning to the normal, in fact rather handsome, black wolf he was before. He pulled his hood back up over his head and blinked.

"My apologies, I thought he was dead. I'll wait." He too and a few steps back. "Take your time."

4The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:50 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Sylvia was momentarily taken aback by the sudden civility the ghoul displayed. "You''ll wait? What do you mean you''ll wait? Wait for what?" She asked, lowering hew sword an inch.

5The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

"For him to die, Petie Fille." He said, using some of the French he knew. "He was mauled by one of my...less civil cousins. He won't survive...not unless you two are willing to do something drastic." As the wolf spoke be scanned the corpses...like he was observing a buffet. He licked his lips.

6The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:40 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

The creamy raccoon glared at the wolf as she noticed the look in his eyes, but her glare immediately softened as she knelt by her fathers side.

She began to speak softly in japanese.

"Father, I..." She swallowed the burning lump in her throat. The elder raccoon cut her off with a weaker, strained version of his usual authoritative voice.

"Its okay, my child. My time has come and it would be rude of me to keep your mother waiting any longer."

"Father please, i cant lose you. Our unit...our family...I cant-" She was again silenced as one of her fathers damaged paws reached up and cupped her cheek, staining crimson her creamy fur.

"Im so proud of you, Sylvia. You are so strong when you need to be, but still you are otherwise so gentle and bright like your mother. I need that strength from you right now. I need your help to pass with honor. Will you help me?"

Sylvia gulped. The pain in her throat was approaching unbearable. Every fiber of her being screamed for her to refuse, to ask the ghoul to save him by any means, but she knew she must obey.

"I will." She said before pulling him into the strongest embrace she could muster.

"Thats a Good girl. I love you Sylvia." He he rasped.

Tears fell freely, staining her face fur as the younger raccoon retuned the sentiment before standing up and drawing her Nambu. She couldnt stand the idea of a beheading.

The two silently said their goodbyes through eye contact. Once done, her father closed his eyes and she took aim as he sighed and said, "Tennoheika..."

"BANZAI!" She shouted hoarsly as she fired twice into his heart, killing him instantly.

After the shots, she stood and cried for several minutes, almost forgetting the wolf was there.

7The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

Lyle was shocked that she did that. Though from what he knew of the tan ones, they valued honor above their own life, and most of them considered him a demon. He'd heard the word Shinigami thrown around a few times.

The removed his woolen cloak and draped it over her body. "For what it's worth...I'm sorry. I...death is literal the driving force of my life. Same for all my family." He looked back at the dead ghouls. "For us to live, mortals must die...and I hate that. I can distance myself from it until I see things like that." Lyle sat down beside her. "To prove I'm not a monster....I won't eat any of these cor-your company."

8The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Sylvia sniffed and shivered. The coat was only slightly cold, so it took a moment to warm up. Her wet, ruby eyes met his surprisingly pleasing emerald eyes. Without warning, she dropped her nambu and pulled the ghoul into a tight embrace, surprising herself. Had the circumstances not been what they were, she would not have hugged the stranger, much less one of the shinigami.

"Thank you." She said croaked into the fur of his cool chest. The raccoon inhaled a most unexpectedly appealing scent from the wolfs dark fur. It was strangely warm and comforting to her, causing her to nuzzle him and his coat for several minutes silently.

When she was ready, she looked up at him again and asked, "Please, shini- wolf, will you help me bury them? Theyre all I had in this world, these men. My Family."

9The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:24 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

The wolf let her cuddle him, knowing she needed the comfort. Mortals took death so poorly after all. Though he had to admit...he enjoyed feeling something so warm pressed against him. He hadn't fed in a couple of days and his body temperature had fallen to a mere sixty degrees. He waited for her to pull away before standing up and pulling a folding shovel from the throat of a fallen ghoul. "Rest." He ordered her as he began to dig a hole. "The battle must have exhausted you. I don't fatigue. Perform any death rights your people have while I dig the holes." He moved a few more shovel fills of dirt before speaking again. "And please, call me Lyle."

10The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 pm

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Sylvia nodded. "Thank you, Lyle. My name is Sylvia." She said politely, if a little numb.

With that, she began slowly searching the fallen and collecting as much ammunition as she could carry, putting it all into a pack she found while muttering prayers for each and every member of her group.

"Father." She said as she knelt by her fathers side at last before saying a unique rite just for him. Only after it was complete did she search his body for belongings. His pistol was nowhere to be seen and he held no ammunition, but his sword lay just out of his reach.

The young raccoon withdrew from his pockets a small wallet full of photographs. Many of them were of her and her mother, or of all three of them; some black and white while others were obviously from some kind of higher grade modern camera. Others were older and more stained pictures of her father as a handsome young soldier in his homeland. She smiled and tucked the wallet in her pocket and withdrew six round, worn coins, placing them in his pocket. The last thing she did was strip his body of its sword belt and pick up his sword, then fasten it just over her existing belt and sword at an angle so as to be able to draw both if needed, which she was perfectly capable of doing.

By this time, Lyle had gotten around to her father, but as he started to dig, she stopped him. "Please Lyle, let me do this for him." She requested, holding out a paw for the shovel.

11The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:55 pm

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

The wolf had dug all but one of the holes by this time. He looked down at the shovel and then back at Sylvia. He handed it over to her and began to respectfully move the bodies into the holes. "After this is done, I will walk you home. There are many more ghouls in these woods and I wouldn't forgive myself if they harmed you."

12The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 pm

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

She nodded wordlessly and began digging. When she was satisfied with the hole, the two gently lowered the dead raccoon and finished up.

"Okay, lets go. I only need to pick up a few more things, then ill leave. Its no longer home for me."

13The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:56 pm

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

Lyle wrapped his cloak tighter around her body and took her paw in his. "Then maybe I could help you find a home. I live in a village no far from here."

14The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:53 pm

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

She raised an eyebrow at him. "A village huh? I wont end up on the village menu will I?" She asked, half seriously.

15The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:58 pm

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

Lyle laughted at that, it was a lively, jovial sound. "No, and I'd thank you not to make jokes like that in town....they don't know I'm a ghoul."

16The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:00 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Despite her losses that day, Sylvia couldn't keep a small smile from curling the corner of her mouth from his response.

"Oh, Im sorry. I assumed you meant a village of others like yourself." She admitted. "I shall keep it to myself."

17The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

"I thank you." Lyle said cordially. "I would hate to have to tear them apart during my inevitable escape." He looked down at her with a smile. "You'll love it there, just like I do. My home is cozy and warm...though don't eat anything out of my fridge...it is not something you would want."

18The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:22 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

"Thats probably for the best, but its okay. I am no stranger to living off the land." The raccoon said proudly. "My father made sure i had all the training and skills possible to not only survive, but to make him and the emperor proud. Oh, lets turn here." She added, turning down a path that wouldnt have been noticable if not for an oddly bent tree.

19The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:31 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

Lyle got ready to follow her down the path, then his heightened ghoul senses picked up a few things that she must certainly missed. The soft cracking of dead sticks just ready to break, the moaning of the dormant ghouls beneath the trap floor the raccoon was standing on. "DON'T DO IT!" He shouted at her as he darted forward with supernatural speed.

He caught her bridal style and pushed off the false floor all in the same second that it fell away. He breathed heavily and fell on his rear. "Are you okay Sylvia-Chan?"

20The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:15 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

Ch-chan? She wondered if she had heard that right.

Sylvia stood and dusted herself off before looking down at the wolf intently and offering him a paw to pull him up.

"I am, Lyle-kun. Thanks for looking out for me." She offered. "Whats with all the traps lately. My group has been haunted by a huge increase in feral shinigami recently." Even as she felt a ;ittle warmth in holding the wolfs paw, she made a sad expression at the thought that her group would no longer be concerned with anything ever again.

21The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:34 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

Lyle shook his head and looked into the pit. "This wasn't ferals...they couldn't think of a trap like this." He pondered the situation for a moment before picking Sylvia up like a child's doll and put her on his back. "You stay up there, just in case there are any more traps." Before she could say anything else the wolf began to trot off, moving at at least fifteen miles an hour.

22The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:50 am

ShyCyanSlyCyan

ShyCyanSlyCyan

The creamy raccoon blushed. "Hey! I'm not your personal rag doll wether you saved my life or not!" She exclaimed irritably, though at their speed she doubted it made a difference.

23The Dark Forest Empty Re: The Dark Forest Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:00 am

General Silent Deathclaw

Admin

"I mean no offense." The wolf said as he ran. "I simply wish to get home before anything worse than ghouls get our scent. Gods forbid a titan catches YOUR scent. Have you ever seen one of those things?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum